Lexus safety features – how your Lexus keeps you safe on Atlanta roads
Where would any of us be without our cell phones? These tiny computers in our hands have become an essential part of our everyday lives, allowing us to video chat with friends and family from anywhere, keep an eye on our homes while on vacation or at work, order food delivery or order a car to drive us back to our Atlanta home.
July is Cell Phone Courtesy Month – here’s how we can all do better on the roads and utilize safety features of our Lexus cars.
It’s even more common to use cell phones while driving. Looking up directions, sending a quick text to let someone know we are running late or even setting up our favorite playlist is not uncommon. But it is generally perceived to be dangerous because of the distractions it might cause the driver.
Here are some rules to keep safe while driving your Lexus in the age of smartphones:
· If you are expecting a call, make sure your phone is connected to your infotainment system so you can answer hands free.
· Don’t have stressful conversations while driving. Even using hands free, tough conversations can make us emotional and impact our ability to drive safely.
Luckily advances in technology like hands free calling and voice commands help with safety, but most of us know the safest option is to wait until we are not driving to use our cell. However, even with these options, it is not enough to guarantee safety for all drivers as.
This behavior is even riskier for teen drivers. For every mile driven, new teen drivers (ages 16-17 years old) are three times more likely to be involved in a deadly crash compared to adults. Since these are inexperienced drivers, they aren’t as used to driving and navigating traffic and road conditions, which puts them in greater danger than an adult with decades of driving experience. Here are some of the most dangerous driving hazards for teen drivers.
- Speeding. Speed is a leading factor in crashes for teens. Teens tend to be impatient and want to get to their destination quickly. This, coupled with their inexperience can often lead to car crashes.
- Distracted driving. There are many factors that contribute to distracted driving in teens. Having other teens in the car is one. Teens are already somewhat green behind the wheel and add to this the noise of other teens in the car, loud music and this could lead to a hazardous drive. Texting and playing with an infotainment system can be problematic if they are by themselves as well.
- Drowsy driving. Teens have a hard time getting enough sleep and often struggle with drowsiness. Drowsy driving is as dangerous as drunk driving, and teens have the highest risk.
This has caused Lexus to advance the safety technology of their cars, by inputting safety precautions that will keep drivers safe regarding the use of cell phones while driving. These features not only keep drivers safe as regards the use of cell phones but also look out for the general safety of the driver while driving and improve the driving system widely.
Lexus has added features such as Wireless Apple CarPlay, Wireless Android Auto, and Intelligent Assistant (Siri) to some of their recent models. With the Wireless Apple CarPlay, the driver can access the familiar iPhone interface via the display screen of the car. Siri allows you to get directions, make calls, and even send messages without ever lifting your hands. Simply tell Siri what you want her to do.
You can perform the same functions with the Wireless Android Auto, including navigating routes, and sending messages through WhatsApp by simply saying, “Hey Google”. Along with features related to cell phones, Lexus also features not only backup cameras but a 360 degree view around the car.
Other important features of Lexus vehicles are
- Pre-Collision system that detects if you are going to hit another vehicle or someone in the road and will deploy braking if necessary
- Lane Assistant notifies you if you are drifting out of your lane
- Road Sign Assist alerts drivers of upcoming road signs like a stop sign coming up
Having all these features helps the driver pay attention to his surroundings while driving. However, should your Lexus be in a crash, Lexus vehicles are designed with everything from impact-dispersing reinforcements to energy-absorbing crumple zones to distribute impact force, helping to maintain the integrity of the cabin.
Another benefit of Butler Lexus Atlanta car owners is the complimentary Airport Parking.
Watch the video here:
Even though theLexus cars we drive have taken necessary precautions to ensure the drivers’ safety as much as possible, they cannot prevent human error caused by using a cell phone. Speaking hands free, voice to text or even checking your cell at a stop light still distract from your primary objective: driving.
Cell phones can be dangerous while driving, it is important to pay attention to all road laws, thus the need for vehicles to ensure the safety of their drivers through safety measure technology.